- Before acquiring Twitter, Elon Musk said he was against lifetime suspensions, promising to reinstate banned users like Donald Trump.
- Now, Musk wrote that Twitter will permanently suspend account impersonators if they are not clearly labeled as parody.
- The move comes after several verified "blue-check" users changed their accounts to impersonal Musk himself.
- Comedy performer Kathy Griffin used Musk's name and image on her own verified Twitter account, and Twitter appears to have now temporarily banned her for impersonating him.
- Other verified accounts impersonating Musk, including Jeph Jacques, also appear to have been kicked off the site.
- In reply to a user who suggested a boycott on those companies, Musk tweeted a "a thermonuclear name & shame is exactly what will happen if this continues."